Wednesday 16 April 2014

Guilt Free Chicken Mayo Baguette on WHITE Bread

Earlier on today all I could think about was eating a massive chicken mayo baguette with chips and salad, and although to most it might not sound like an unhealthy meal, if you had something like that from a pub it'd probably set you back about 3 or 4 days worth of syns. White bread is very high, the chips would be deep fried and you can pretty much guarantee that the mayonnaise would be the full fat 5 syn per tablespoon kind... it might taste very nice but I personally don't think it's worth it when I know I can knock something up which is totally guilt free...


So what you see above is a white crusty roll with chicken and mayonnaise and celery with chips and salad. All this cost me just 4 syns and if you wanted to use lighter than light mayo you could do it for just 1 syn. I have an actifry to do my chips but you can also do SW chips in the oven, so I use 2 medium potatoes, peel and chip them and set them going while I prepare the other stuff. If you don't already know, one Weight Watchers part baked white petit pain roll counts as your healthy B choice (or 5 syns) so I cook this in the oven for about 12 minutes, get some cooked chicken, add 2 tablespoons of light mayo (4 syns), mix that together then cut the baguette in half and stuff the chicken mayo inside it. Then just chop up whatever salad you like (I personally think celery goes really well with chicken mayo), get your chips out when they're ready and there you go... a gorgeously naughty tasting meal for minimal syns!

Do you have a way to turn something naughty into SW friendly?

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO jealous you have an acti-fry, these chips look amazing! I make slimming world chips all the time in the oven and they're nice but these look perfect. The chicken looks amazingly cooked :) my major weakness in life is Gregg's chicken mayo baguette but I like making my own ones too :)
    Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great does that look?! So good to have a meal that's nutritious and delicious :)

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the WW petit pains - I'm doing SW online so I think I miss out on some of the info like this that you can pick up on in class if things change or new info comes out!

    ReplyDelete