Monday 24 March 2014

The Story So Far

I've actually been slimming since September 2013, but I've just been doing periodic weight loss posts on my beauty blog, but it's become increasingly difficult to incoporate those kinds of posts into my normal stuff so I decided that the way to go would be to do a dedicated weight loss blog. I'm going to address this first post using a Q&A format because that's easiest for me, and easy for you to follow...

Which weight loss plan do you follow?
Slimming World

Have you tried any other weight loss plans?
Yes, lots... Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, Herbalife, Military Diet, Alli.

What will be posted on this blog?
Everything to do with losing weight and my weight loss journey. Obviously it will be primarily based on following the Slimming World plan but you could easily incorporate my recipes and ideas into your own plan. 

Starting Weight: 17st 6.5lb
Current Weight: 14st 3lb
Goal Weight: TBC

Starting Clothes Size: 18/20
Current Clothes Size: 14/16
Goal Clothes Size: 12

To be totally honest, I'm more concerned about clothes size than I am about my actual weight. I've always weighed quite heavy; even at my slimmest when I was like 15 and a size 10/12 I was still 11.5st so I personally don't think it's realistic for me to be under 11 stone without pushing myself too far.

Progress photo so far:
Slimming-World-Progress-Photo
Left: June 2013 Right: March 2014

The main difference I notice in these two is how I'm stood, on the left I'm slouched in a 'please don't notice me' stance whereas on the right I'm stood tall and confident; not worried by the fact that I'm having a photo. The more I look at the photo on the left the more I feel like it's not even me, I often wonder why I let myself get to that size... everything was an effort for me: buying clothes that didn't make me feel like a whale, walking around, standing for long periods behind the bar... I just wasn't myself at all.

So if you're ready to read about my weight loss journey, collecting some hints and tips along the way please subscribe via Blog Lovin and follow me on twitter!

Also if you have any questions please leave them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment