Wednesday 9 July 2014

Big Mac in a Bowl

There's one reason why we're all following a healthy eating plan - we love food that makes us fat. Burgers, pizzas, creamy pasta etc. etc. it all tastes good but too much of it isn't overly good for the waist line. I've said this time and time again that people assume that because you're losing weight, you don't enjoy your food... well I can tell you that I enjoy every mouthful of food that passes my lips because there are some amazing SW friendly recipes out there which taste far too nice to possibly be on plan! Big Mac in a Bowl is one of those recipes which tastes so naughty but is actually totally on plan and it's so simple to do...


Ingredients:
Less than 5% fat mince or Quorn Mince
Iceberg lettuce
Gherkins
1 level tablespoon of Kraft Light Thousand Island Dressing (0.5 syns)
3 x Asda Chosen by You light cheese singles (HexA)

Method:
- Cook your mince (I used Quorn and it only tastes 5 minutes to cook half a pack in the microwave)
- In the meantime, line your bowl with chopped iceberg lettuce and gherkin slices (I know some people don't like gherkins, but I think they really make it)
- Once the mince is cooked pour it on top of the lettuce and gherkins
- Then tear the cheese into strips and lay it on top of the mince, you can either leave it to melt or pop it back in the microwave for 30 seconds (I put it in the microwave)
- Drizzle your tablespoon of thousand island dressing over the top and there you go... a Big Mac in a bowl!

McDonalds Big Mac syns: 24.5
Big Mac in a bowl syns: 0.5 (+1 HexA)

If you love Big Macs then you really need to try this, I've been doing SW since September and it's taken me 10 months to finally try it... now I'm asking why I didn't try it before now!!

Do you crave any fast foods??

2 comments:

  1. Omg, this sounds so nice! I definitely need to try this. Thanks alot!!

    Natalie xo

    Petal Poppet Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely going on my list of recipes to try! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete